A painfull, unexhaustive accumulation of scattered information, gathered over the years.
Here are currently available documents:
- File: recipes.txt: Various RF Recipes.
- File: mmi_nice.txt: Entering and extracting data into / from the
MMI graph- and Executer databases and subsequent
transfer into the UNIX repository for the
operational and development systems.
- File: tf_mmi-d.txt: Transfer of MMI Database Manager generated files
to the Operational and Development environments.
The following links are provided because of being referenced in the latter 2 documents above.
Note that the files are belonging to the section of "SPS RF Control System related" and are stored
in the corresponding subdirectory.
- File: m_161292.txt: Design memo: Minutes of a meeting called by
Erik on 16 December 1992.
- File: m_211292.txt: Design memo: Minutes of the follow-up meeting
called by Erik on 21 December 1992.
- File: m_161292.jpg: Design memo: Drawing referenced in memo's
m_161292 and m_211292.
Now follow some screen captures of typical runs of the SPS RF Control System update scripts;
scripts that are mentioned in the entry: 'Safe install/update of a System in the
SPS RF Control.' of the above link to the 'Various RF Recipes' document.
These screen capture files are simple, pure ASCII tekst files and you can open them safely
with any (default) tekst editor (helper programme of your WWWeb browser), or download them
onto your own machine for later inspection.
It would probably be a good idea for any potential 'Control System updater' to have seen
these screencaptures at least once before running the scripts... :-)
- File: p_c_upd.log: Screencapture of a typical run of the
- File: d_c_upd.log: Screencapture of a typical run of the
- File: u_c_upd.log: Screencapture of a typical run of the
Any errors, omissions or obscurities encountered in these documents would be welcomed, preferably by e-mail to:
Back to Erik's home Page or the CERN home Page..